Monday, April 25, 2011

A Thought On NPR Exposure

A thought from Magdalene and Thistle Farms founder, Becca Stevens:

I can't believe that I'm traveling today and tomorrow. I want to be at Thistle Farms, listen with folks at Thistle Farms, and wait for our phones to ri
ng with new orders. I want to run around with everybody and try to figure out how to send all the packages out and hear the funny comments. I also want to be there to make sure everyone is okay--- this is our first big national exposure and I don't want anyone to feel anxious or upset and not be able to talk about it.

But, that is not the way it's working out. I'm on a plane heading to Hartford, Connecticut to Trinity College and I will just have to hear how it all unfolds. It's a humbling thing to realize you are going to miss a community more than they will miss you. The community of Thistle Farms will handle this with grace and step up to the plate and hit it out of the park! And I'll come home Wednesday and get to hear all the stories of how it played out, and offer a prayer of thanks to Jackie, Stephen, Tim, Marlei, Penny, Shelia, Cary, Nina, Amy, Holli, Carolyn, Dan, Sandy, Rita, Katrina, Jim, Lindsay, Marcus, Caney and Moses, who made it work. I know having this story will help ensure all 45 employees of Magdalene and Thistle Farms can keep doing what they love---helping to heal us all. I am a little lonely, a bit nervous, and full of gratitude.

Love and peace,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. I just heard the story on NPR about Thistle Farms. You are doing a great thing there. I will be placing an order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing a good work. Cheers from the sidelines for all the women working on their recovery and all the workers supporting their efforts. Your 24 rules are a gracious example of what we need more of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story of your work and the amazing women who move through your program was so moving. I wept at the struggle of these women and became so hopeful for their future.

    All of the women at Magdalene give me hope in the healing power of love and renewed faith in God's presence in the world.

    Thank you for this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the NPR article, and then by chance, Facebook suggested Carolyn S as a friend. I surfed around her site and saw that she's involved with Magdalene and Thistle Farms. Lovely coincidence. Keep doing the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've listened to the NPR story this week and will be placing my orders for the women in my life today ! This is an amazing program, and I am happy to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard the story on NPR and it touched my heart. The women of Thistle Farms are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened to all 3 segments of your NPR feature and I'm thrilled to see your success and meet the amazing ladies of Thistle Farms. As the founder and CEO of the INDIE Beauty Network, a trade organization representation makers of handmade beauty products and candles, I am very excited to learn of your work. I wish you must continued success and hope our paths will cross again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just heard your story on NPR and it was amazing, brought tears to my eyes. I just went on your web site this afternoon and I am amazed at your products, I placed an order!!! I read Becca's blog, she said she was going to Trinity College in Hartford, CT, Curious why, I am from that area and know Trinity College very well, I hope she brings her good ideas with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so moved listening to the stories on NPR this week. I am also in CT and wonder if there is an opportunity to hear Becca speak...? ItsAmyJoy@yahoo.com - email me if so. I can't wait to make a puchase to support the ladies. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I teach at an all-girls high school and on my way to work today heard the NPR story. My heart was so touched and ironically in one of my classes we are currently talking about women, sexuality, and violence against women. I cannot wait to share this organization with my students. I was inspired this morning and grateful to those who started this organization but also to these amazingly courageous women who are daring to re-imagine their lives and take steps to be the women they want to be. You inspire me and make me want to do good in the world. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete